Post Op Instructions
- Do NOT rinse mouth today. Tomorrow rinse mouth gently every 3-4 hours (especially after meals) using one-quarter(1/4) teaspoon salt to a glass of warm water. Continue rinses for several days.
- Bleeding. Following extractions some bleeding is to be expected. If persistent bleeding occurs, place gauze pads over bleeding area and bite down firmly for one-half hour. Repeat as necessary
- Swelling. Ice bag or chopped ice wrapped in a towel should be applied to dental area one-half hour on and on-half hour off for 4-5 hours.
- Pain. For mild to average pain, use any non-aspirin type of medication you like
- Smoking. Do NOT smoke for the first 24 hours.
- Food. A light diet is advised during the first 24 hours.
- Beverages. Do NOT drink any beverages through a straw for the first 24 hours.
- Bony Edges. Small sharp bone fragments may work up through the gums during healing. There are not roots. If they are annoying call our office to schedule an appointment for their simple removal.
- If any unusual symptoms occur, call our office(360-891-3020) at once!
- The proper care following oral surgical procedures will hasten recovery and prevent complications